volunteer applications have closed for the 2016 festival. Thank you for your interest. We hope you will apply again next year.
If I am a successful applicant as a volunteer with Wide Cut Weekend, I understand that I will be placed on a crew where needed.
My indicated preferences will be taken into account when possible; there is no guarantee which crew or shift I will be placed on.
I understand volunteers for Wide Cut Weekend crews are required to contribute a minimum of 2 shifts.
I agree to make myself available for shifts as required and fulfill the obligations of being a volunteer with Wide Cut Weekend.
I understand that additional information may be required before placement on some crews.
I agree to comply with and honour the Code of Ethics of Wide Cut Weekend detailed below.
Code of Ethics for Volunteers
1. All volunteers shall make every effort to present Wide Cut Weekend in a positive way and shall not do anything to intentionally embarrass Wide Cut Weekend.
2. There shall be no use/consumption of alcohol by any volunteer who is on duty. Off-duty Volunteers must not wear Wide Cut Weekend T-shirts while at Wide Cut Weekend venues during the festival. Abuse of this may result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer(s) from Wide Cut Weekend.
3. There shall be no use/consumption of illegal substances by any volunteer at a Wide Cut Weekend venue during the festival. Abuse of this may result in immediate dismissal of the volunteer(s) from Wide Cut Weekend.
4. All volunteers shall treat other volunteers, performers, staff, and the public with respect. If a problem arises, resolution should be deferred first to your Venue Manager or secondly your Crew Lead.
5. Volunteers shall make every effort to fulfil responsibilities of crew membership. Failure to contribute minimum time requirements or failure to fulfil shift commitments without a satisfactory reason may result in dismissal from Wide Cut Weekend.
6. No volunteer shall use for their own advantage any property or monies belonging to Wide Cut Weekend or its host venues. All volunteers must be honest and trustworthy.
7. Any volunteer in the positions of Venue or Crew Lead must set a positive example for other volunteers. They must be prepared to respond to greater expectations, take on responsibility, and follow through on commitments.